I view psychotherapy as a process for healing and change. A means through which we can connect with our inherent strength and power to create transformation in our lives.
I work with individuals to cultivate deeper insight and understanding about the ways in which their life experiences and ways of being in the world, impact the choices and decisions they make and the behaviors they engage in. In working this way, I have found that clients feel empowered to change behaviors that may negatively impact their quality of life; and develop healthy coping strategies to effectively manage circumstances they may not, as yet, be able to change.
I draw upon an individual's strengths, culture, spirituality and community as a means of facilitating healing, empowerment and change. My therapeutic approach is grounded in racial and social justice principles. In addition I utilize mindfulness based, psychodynamic, cognitive behavioral and somatic based techniques in my therapeutic style.
I have extensive experience providing individual, couples, and group therapy with adolescents and adults from diverse backgrounds including communities of color; immigrant communities and the LGBTQ community. The following list highlights some of the areas I have supported clients as they work towards creating healing change in their lives:
- sexual abuse/assault - male and female survivors;
- involvement with the juvenile and adult criminal justice systems;
- transitioning back to the community after incarceration;
- addictions and addictive behaviors;
- trauma - PTSD; on-going /complex trauma;
- crisis intervention;
- unhealthy relationship dynamics including co-dependence, controlling behaviors and/or relationship violence;
- navigating the demands of conflicting cultural pressures, particularly within immigrant families; and
- managing day to day stress associated with racism; oppression; anxiety; depression; anger; rage; ; economic and/or family related stressors.
I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about any questions you may have about therapy in general; what you are seeking support with; or my skills and experience.
I am available for a free telephone consultation to discuss any questions you may have. You can reach me at (415) 203-3807
Please note I have relocated out of the Bay Area and provide therapy services remotely through a HIPAA compliant and confidential audio-visual platform. Please feel free to call me and I will be happy to discuss how this works or any questions you may have about tele-therapy.
Please contact me to discuss my rates for individual, couples and family sessions.
I offer sliding scale fees for those who might otherwise not be able to access therapy. Contact me regarding current availability of sliding scale slots.
I do not accept insurance and payment is due at each session, unless other arrangements have been made ahead of time.
If you have an FSA or HSA, I am happy to provide a receipt at the end of each month that you can submit for reimbursement.