Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
I view psychotherapy as a process for healing and change. A means through which we can connect with our inherent strength, resiliency and power to create transformation in our lives.
I work with individuals to cultivate deeper insight and understanding about the ways in which their life experiences and ways of being in the world impact the choices and decisions they make and the behaviors they engage in. In working this way, I have found that clients feel empowered to change behaviors that may negatively impact their quality of life, and develop healthy coping strategies to effectively manage circumstances they may not as yet, be able to change.
I draw upon an individual's strengths, culture, spirituality and community as a means of facilitating healing, empowerment and change. My therapeutic approach is grounded in racial and social justice principles and is trauma focused. In addition, I utilize mindfulness based, psychodynamic, cognitive behavioral and somatic based techniques in my therapeutic style.
I have extensive experience providing individual, couples, and group therapy with adolescents and adults from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, immigrant communities and the LGBTQ+ community. The following list highlights some of the areas where I have supported clients as they work towards creating healing change in their lives:
- sexual abuse/assault - with cis gender and gender diverse individuals
- involvement with the juvenile and adult criminal legal systems
- transitioning back to the community after incarceration
- addictions and addictive behaviors
- trauma - PTSD, on-going /complex trauma
- crisis intervention
- unhealthy relationship dynamics including co-dependence, controlling behaviors and/or relationship violence
- navigating the demands of conflicting cultural pressures, particularly within immigrant families
- managing day to day stress associated with navigating racism, white supremacy, white privilege, oppression, anxiety, depression, anger, rage, economic and/or family related stressors
I welcome the opportunity to speak with you about any questions you may have about therapy in general, where you are seeking support, or my skills and experience.
I am available for a free telephone or video consultation to discuss any questions you may have. You can reach me at (415) 203-3807.
I offer in person as well as teletherapy services utilizing a HIPAA compliant and confidential audio-visual platform. Please feel free to call me and I will be happy to discuss how this works or any questions you may have about teletherapy or my practice.
Please contact me to discuss my rates for individual, couples and family sessions.
I have limited sliding scale fees for those who might otherwise not be able to access therapy. Contact me regarding current availability of sliding scale slots.
I do not accept insurance and payment is due at each session, unless other arrangements have been made ahead of time.
If you have an FSA or HSA, I am happy to provide a receipt at the end of each month that you can submit for reimbursement.